Bill Stock

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote in message

"Jon DePlumme"
I'm trying to identify a saw blade appropriate for cutting lexan. I've
noticed that Forrest offers one, but it's on the order of $170, which
seems semi-insane. Are there other high-quality blades available for
cutting lexan?

Thanks.

I wouldn't pay over a hundred dollars for a blade.
I cut polycarbonate (Lexan is a brand) quite often.
All that's needed is a triple grind tooth. 80 teeth
on a 10 inch blade gives great results. Sears has
one that I use for aluminum but it cuts plastics
quite well also, for $65.

Would a 200 tooth blade be good for this? I bought one for plywood, but I
may want to play with plastic at some point.