Grandpa

patriarch wrote:

Just a note: I refilled two gas grill bottles Monday at $2.19/unit, 7.7
units. (I don't recall if it was gallons or pounds.) About $18 & change.
In California. At ACE Hardware.

Patriarch

I just bought 2 new 5gal containers last night at Sam's Club ($19ea) as
they refused to fill my old ones, too old - gotta make a buck in the
market againsigh. Then took the new ones to a Chevron station nearby
to fill them, $2.13/gal, plus tax, almost $23 for both. Sure glad I
don't own one of the old smelly super inefficient always freezes up in
the winter propane vehicles.

As for a shop heater, my son had one that screwed onto a propane bottle.
The screen mechanism on the unit broke and the flame was uneven and
popped all the time. Unsafe so we scrapped the entire unit. I'm
uncomfortable myself with an open flame of that type in a small wood
shop, plus the carbon monoxide etc so I use an electric radiant heater
mounted to the ceiling joists.

Grandpa John