barry martin

Default Gutter screen

Puddin':

PM I gotta little brick bungalow with standard-looking
PM seamless aluminum (I think 5") gutters. Have needed
PM gutter protection for years.
PM
PM How is the vinyl gutter screen? I'm looking at
PM Frost King (vinyl) snap-in gutter screen, 6 3/8 "
PM wide, 3' long for $1.29 a piece. Is this stuff a
PM good bet?

As others indicated, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
Around here they don't. Used a brand "recommended" by the roofing guy
-- in fact he installed as a side job/after-the-fact. Don't know the
brand but were a whitish/very light grey perforated vinyl panel about
3' long by 6" wide.

Maple seeds (the 'helicopters') got stuck in the holes and eventually
fell through. The gutter on the side of the house without any trees
nearby was clogged in two places last spring, middle and near the
downspout. The roof line is some 20' in the air. Other gutter
sections with trees nearby were similarly clogged. Since removing the
gutter guards we have not had stoppages.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* He does not act like a total butt; he develops Rectal-Cranial Inversion.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *