Chip C

"Set Square" wrote in message ...
gribblechips wrote:

"Set Square" wrote in message
I need to make a hole near the corner of a kitchen worktop to bring
up a 12v power cable (with right-angled concentric plug) and aerial
lead for SWMBO's new 6" LCD TV (so she can watch TV while preparing
the dinner - yes, I know!). Making a hole is a last resort, having
eliminated all other possible routes - all of which would have left
a lot of exposed cables and hardware because the walls are tiled
with wallpaper above, and I can't disturb any of that.

In order to make this hole "acceptable", I would like to finish it
with a metal or plastic tube (ID in the region of 20-25mm) going
down through the worktop, with a chrome flange/bezel on the top.

I'd have the tube come up above the counter an inch or two, and caulk
around it where it goes through the counter, to keep spills out.

What's the countertop? If it's laminate, maybe you can get small
pieces of matching laminate flexible enough to surround the tube,
which could then be pretty much anything (pvc, etc).

hey, how about this: get one of those pots (in marble, or steel, or
wood) designed to hold spoons and spatulas, bore a hole in the bottom,
and cement it over the hole in the counter. Then the cords just
"disappear" into it. You can even fill the hole with foam or something
and use it for holding things, in addition to the cords!

Chip C