Pounds on Wood

How about a $60 drill press?

********
Bill Pounds
http://www.billpounds.com

"J T" wrote in message
OK, I'm getting ready to embark on a project that's gonna call for
a variable speed drill being used as a stirrer, for fairly extended
periods, maybe up to 30 minutes or so, multiple times. It'll be fixed
in place, I'm not gonna hold it. It's a "must" that noise be kept to an
absolute minimum, so apartment neighbors won't complain - it's not my
place, I don't have neighbors that close. I should be able to muffle at
least part of the noise with a plywood box, lined with foam or similar,
or at least redirect some of it. But, I'm gonna need as quiet a drill
as I can find. All my drills are old and noisy, so I'm gonna need a new
one.

So, does anyone out there know of any particular make or model of a
variable speed corded drill that is fairly quiet? Or, at least
relatively quiet? Doesn't need to be large, small will probably be best
anyway. This is all the drill will be used for, so only suggest
something not so expensive.

Do they have one beater mixers? If they do, and they're quiet, that
would probably be great. I'll have to check into that, all I'e seen
have two. I'll consider any other suggestions like that too. Need
variable speed, but doesn't need to exceed 100-200 RPM tops, so
something else may work also. Hmm, I do belive I've got some light
dimmers out in the shop, might they work as variable speed controllers?

Don't bother suggesting a battery drill.

JOAT
Don't complain: When a dog barks, he loses his bone.
- Bazooka Joe

Porky Pig says: http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/porky/Porky03.wav