Lobster

"John Miller" wrote in message

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
"John Miller" wrote in message

I note that Screwfix have a special fitting for bar mixers -
somebody else asked about these recently, but I can't recall seeing
any replies. Does anybody know whether these fittings would help?

I'm guessing you mean Screwfix item 56419, right?

snip

Thanks for the info, but I'm still not clear how these work. How do
they connect to the pipework - is that what the big spanner is for?
It also sounds as though they fix to the surface via the
screwholes - this would be OK as I can insert supporting woodwork
when I build attach the plasterboard, but it's not clear what is
behind the fitting and where the pipes attach. Perhaps you could
email me with further details?

Ok... sorry, I know I wasn't too clear in my previous post but I was going
on memory since at the time the bits were actually upstairs in the bedroom
where SWMBO had gone to bed; I can just imagine the reaction if I'd woken
her up "cos some bloke on the internet wants details of some plumbing bits
I've got..."

I agree it's totally unclear from Screwfix's site how these things work; I'm
sure if they made it a bit clearer they'd sell a lot more of the things.
Having said that, you could always buy a set and return them as 'unsuitable'
if they are no good for you. Anyway, I've made a quick, rather crappy,
picture of the instructions which I've uploaded at http://tinyurl.com/6ly9j
and another, of the actual bits themselves (one pipe's worth) at
http://tinyurl.com/5duau. Hopefully these will explain adequately how it
works but if not get back to me (if need be I'll scan the instructions in
properly rather than using the camera).

Good luck!
David