NealUK

Matthew Newton wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:50:12 +0100, NealUK wrote:

Obviously the rope/rafter thing is not ideal, so i am looking at
supporting it through the hollow swing arm bolt, hence the need for
10mm steel rod.

If anyone has any ideas, i would love to hear them.

I use two jack stands, one under each foot peg (probably not the best
place, but they seem OK). You put the first one on the side opposite
the side stand and push the bike back on to it, and then put the
other one there. Then you rock the bike a little each way lifting
each side up one notch at a time. Helpful to have someone steady the
bike if you want to lift it up a long way.

I can get my rear wheel about 1.5" off the ground. Have to put
weights on the back to get the front up.

For example, see:

http://photos.newtoncomputing.co.uk/.../pict2796.html

...although there they are only holding the bike upright.

Like the idea, but the footrests on this bike fold up.Where did you get
those stands from? They look pretty useful. Mine just have about 3 holes
and a pin that goes through them.
I might see if i can find some fixed footrests in a breakers that have the
same mounting brackets/bolts as the NC23, just for doing repairs like this
Cheers
Neal