Pete C

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:52:50 +0100, Kalico wrote:

All I need to do is glue a wooden block to the inside of the hull.

Attached to the block will be a metal eye to tie a bungee cord to that
will be tied at the other end to a locker lid. Just to stop it
falling overboard really so does not need to be that strong.

The block has previously been glued to the hull by someone else but
has come off.

My first reaction was to bang some Gripfill in there as it is cheap
and would accommodate the slightly concave hull shape to the flat
block. I just didn't want to damage the hull.

Also, do you know if Gripfill (or similar) will bond to stainless
steel?

Hi,

Try asking the makers of Gripfill whether it will do, I wouldn't mind
hearing what they say. Whatever you use you'd need to grind off any
paint or left over glue back to bare fibreglass to get a good key.

To make epoxy gap filling just thicken it with something, see archives
of rec.boats.building for some ideas. Will this be indoors out of the
weather or not?

cheers,
Pete.