Gordon Henderson

So I too have just bought a Triton Bar Shower - the Tyme model I think.
(bought it off Plumbworld)

I'd posted earlier about fitting it to the wall and running the pipes
externally as I am unable to chase the wall out (OK, I can, but last
time I did this in my house, for some electrickery cabling, I ended up
with dust everywhere and it took me all day to hack the channels out of
the f'ing hard granite they make houses out of on Dartmoor!)

First thing I was surprised about was just how heavy the unit is! It
must be almsot solid brass inside the chrome!

According the the instructions, it can be fitted to plasterboard and the
pipes run to it without any extra support for the pipes... Are you sure
you got all the bits? There is an extension pipe 3/4" BSP to 1/2" BSP which
screws into the bar (3/4" female on the bar with a round nut with flats
on it to tighten it)

The order of assembly is shower bar, conical collar thing, (gren washer),
long connector (3/4" to 1/2"), locking nut, metal flange, rubbery
sealing washer, (tiles), plasterboard, rubbery sealing washer, metal
flange locking nut. then you are left with a stub of 1/2" BSP threaded
on the outside, which you can connect an elbow to. I think you might be
thinking that Fig. 9 in the booklet shows the outlet of the 1/2" elbow
flush with the surface of the plasterboard, but read over the page to
fig. 10 and it will make it a lot clearer!

It also has these bent angled things, 3/4" one end, 1/2" the other to
let you adjust the width. (You shouldn't need them if you are drilling
new holes)

The manual I have for fitting it seems to indicate that all 3 bars in this
range have the same fitting - so I'm wondering if you are missing this
extension bar. It's shown in Fig. 7 on page 6 (where it shows you how the
filter and flow limiter fits into it) and figs. 10 and 11 on pages 7 & 8.

My problems is different and I thought I'd solved it with BES part
No. 7630 as suggested by another poster in another thread. Alas, I
didn't realise that the bar has female 3/4" BSP couplings. I could fit
the extension rods into the bar and them into this fitting, but that
would then leave it too far from the wall for my liking. (It's heavy!)

Now this irritates me, as I was originally going to buy the bar shower
from Screwfix and I had an exchange of emails with a screfix person about
this very problem and he was unable to suggest a solution... However,
more searching on the Screwfix site reveals part No. 51437.

Which is exactly what I need! I can fix that to the wall with suitable
screws and plugs, then run my nice chrome pipes up to it and mount the
bar directly onto them. (I hope!!!)

Gordon