Dave Balderstone

In article , David
wrote:

This NG seems to be about
bringing woodworkers together. Threads like this create polarized opinions
about the other woodworkers without even knowing who they are. So what
benefit has this thread served?

Has it done harm? *I* don't think so.

There are a number of people here who I know are superb WW'ers whose
political opinions I think are ludicrous. Does that mean I'm going to
ignore their next post on how to approach decising on what joinery to
use, or how to achieve a finish I may want for a piece I'm working on,
or refuse to visit for a beer or ice tea if I'm travelling throough
their home town?

Of course not. And I hope they give me the same consideration.

Hell, I have relatives whose political views I absolutely despise.
Doesn't mean I won't have a drink and friendly conversation at
Christmas!

I was at a family reunion over the August long weekend, and had any
number of drawn out heated political discussions that eerily paralleled
this one.

We were all still speaking to one another Monday morning, and looking
forward to the next time we met and could do it all again.

My $0.02 CAD...