Rein

On 23 Aug 2004 04:33:50 -0700, (jestruch)
wrote:

Can anyone recommend/comment on the Hayward pool filters. Am I better
off buying a DE filter or a sand filter. How about the ongoing
maintenance costs?
Appreciate any advice.

DE used to a better filtering job than sand. However, there is a
sandtype called zeolite which filters just as good as DE and gives you
the other benefits of sand (no more adding of DE).
I just installed a hayward 30 inch sand filter and filled it with
zeolite sand. It filters very very good. The water is crystal clear.
Call around at your local poolshops for prices, I think a sandfilter
filled with zeolite is the way to go.