The Natural Philosopher

Kalico wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:36:26 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:21:24 +0100, Kalico wrote:

If not, what can be?

Polyester resin - car body filler, you need to abrade the existing
fibreglass surface first and if you use a coating of polyester resin
& hardener and allow it to semi harden before filling with polyester
filler you will achieve stronger results.

Yikes! Lots of very technical answers.

I am less concerned with the strength of bond, since it is not for
anything critical.

More that I would hate to apply something which would then dissolve a
hole into the bottom of my boat!

Oh - Boat? Normal prtactice would be to file degrease and roughen as
described elsewhere, and then use glass cloth with probably polyester
rather than epoxy to fill any structurally weak areas, and epoxy and
microballoons or indeed car body filler to get everything nice and smooth.

Thanks for all advice - I really appreciate it. Hell, there is
certainly some good knowledge on this group.

Rob