KD

"KD" wrote in message
Hi all,
Daft question of the day time ....
I know that there are regs regarding power sockets in bathrooms etc. but

are
there any guidelines about the proximity of power sockets near a sink.

The
reason I ask is that it appears that the builders have potentially f***ked
up yet again on the wiring of our house and that the utility room double
sockets are directly over the draining board which requires running of

power
cables to other appliances along the splashback area behind the taps. The
plans of the house show that these are in the wrong place but I just

thought
I'd check my position legally/regs wise.

Thanks for any help,
Keith

P.S. To make this on topic I'm considering a fix myself :-)

Thanks for all the replies as of 23.00 on 24/08. It seems as though these
is no real requirement for the sockets to be away from the sink which is a
shame. It has taken over a year for these crap builders to replace a
worktop and sink and now, when they've finally done it, I've realised that
the sockets are in the wrong place according to the plans. Having no faith
in the builders adherance to these plans and claiming that they can change
them when they want I'm a bit disappointed to say the least. I was
basically after a little more, possibly legal, ammo to get them to sort this
out. To have my appliance, a breadmaker, in the utility room I will now
have to dangle the appliance cord behind the sink and taps which I don't
think is acceptable but YMMV. Oh well. Thanks once again for all help so
far.

Keith