Tim Daneliuk

Chuck wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:14:40 -0700, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

If the Arabs want to kill each other, that's their business. But their
antipathy to us IS based on our support of Israel.

Mostly true, but even if it were the *only* reason, does that
mean we should stop supporting Israel? Ethics and morality are not
popularity contests.

OK, let's do a little Thought Experiment. Suppose for a moment that the
US ceased supporting Israel and that the country then ceased to exist -
another diaspora takes place and the Arabs have the run of things as
they did for the better part of 2000 years. Do you seriously believe
that that the Arabs would stop hating us? Do you seriously believe
they would calm down and be nicer to each other? NO! Israel could
cease to exist and nothing much would change in the region. The
problem (as always) is Tribalism and Religious Fundamentalism. The
US and Israel are merely scapegoats that the thug leaders of Araby
need to distract their own people.

What we should _really_ be doing is dropping all support for the
criminals that run the Arab/Islamic world and let their own people
decimate them...

BTW, if we stopped supporting Israel, we would still be
richer, we would still be consuming more than our share of world

^^^^^^
Because we EARNED it

resources, we would still be supporting corrupt governments at the

^^^^^^^^^

Oh nonsense! We consume more because we produce more. The only
contentious 'world resource' we consume in large amounts is oil
and we are by no means the biggest per capita importer of oil.
Both Europe and Japan are far more disproportionate consumers
per capita of "world oil". Moroever, we could substantially
reduce our intake of international petrochemicals by doing
two things: a) Ratchet up exploration and drilling on our own
lands like ANWR and b) Rachet up a domestic nuclear power generation
program. But then again, the Green Gasbags (aka the "I Hate Science
Committee") would go apoplectic...

expense of "the people", our foreign military bases worldwide would
still have soldiers going out and raping the locals (don't splutter

You're an enormous ass. All populations have some small proportion
of criminals in them, including our (and everyone else's) military.
But the manner in which you phrase this makes it seem like it is the
norm, common, and a fundamental reason for people hating America.
You're much more likely (by many orders of magnitude) to see military
rapes in the Arab world or in the Oh-So-Brilliant milleau of Africa
than you ever are at the hands of the US military. AND ... when one of
our people is caught doing something evil like this we _prosecute and punish_
them (unlike the aforementioned Arab and African offenders).

back at me, check it out first), etc etc. In short, if you want to
hate the USA there are several buckets of reasons you can use - and
that's just for the reasonable people who are a majority. The fringies
hate everybody; we're just the best target.
Supporting Israel is probably the most noble thing we do.

So let's all starting hating based on actual behavior. Here are some
good targets for us Americans to hate:

1) How about the Arab Muslims that run an active slave trade in Mauretania
trading in black Africans.

2) How about the Arab Muslims that run an active slave trade in kidnapped white
girls as personal prostitutes.

3) How about the Arab Muslims that are butchering black Africans in Darfur
as an act of ethnic cleansing.

4) How about Arab Muslims that teach their children to suicide for a religious
cause.

5) How about Arab Muslims that beat women and deny them even the simplest
civil liberties.

..... Hmmm, I see a pattern emerging. OK, let's be fair...

6) How about the Africans who have butchered literally millions of each
other in South Africa, Congo, and other significant portions of Africa
in the past 5 decades all in the name of tribal pride.

7) How about the African men that rape young female children in the belief
that it cures AIDS.

8) How about the lax governments (Thailand, Brazil ...) that conveniently
overlook child prostitution. While we're at it, lets also hate
the evil degenrates that indulge themselves in same.

There's lots more but its too depressing to ponder. The US supports
its allies in the hope for and desire for PEACE, however imprefectly
we do so. A good part of the rest of the word - the part that whose
hatred we're all so busy trying to understand - is busy buchering,
murdering, pimping, and destorying anything resembling civil behavior.

Yeah, the US support for the whopping 13 million Jews around the world
(out of about 6 billion planetary members) is the REAL problem ...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/