N. Thornton

Default Glossing - Arghhhhh

(Eric Cartman) wrote in message . com...
Another question, once I have flatted my oil based gloss work will the
enamel go on straight over it or is there a chance it could react with
the gloss?

Hi

Personally I'd want any gloss off. Enamel is very hard stuff, breaks
easily, and new gloss paint is soft, so not the best base for enamel.

I've had excellant results with enamel and car paint, but not put it
onto new gloss before. But I think whenever you use paint types that
werent designed to go together, and use them in apps they werent made
for, theres always going to be some risk of things not working out.

I'm hoping to try some acrylic (car) spray here in the hope it lasts
much much longer than trad gloss.

Regards, NT