caledonianstill

KD wrote:
Hi all,
Daft question of the day time ....
I know that there are regs regarding power sockets in bathrooms etc.
but are there any guidelines about the proximity of power sockets
near a sink. The reason I ask is that it appears that the builders
have potentially f***ked up yet again on the wiring of our house and
that the utility room double sockets are directly over the draining
board which requires running of power cables to other appliances
along the splashback area behind the taps. The plans of the house
show that these are in the wrong place but I just thought I'd check
my position legally/regs wise.

We have some at work like this. In the kitchenette area, there is a
double socket into which is plugged a fridge and an instant boiling
water thingy. The socket is located approx 3 inches behind horizontally
and about 5 inches above the sink, on the wall immediately behind. I can
touch the tap with my thumb and the socket with my finger on the same
hand.