John Rumm

Default shed electrics

Matt Pearson wrote:

How deep should I go, I heard 2m but that seems a lot for 2 or 3 double
sockets and 1 or 2 lights.

2m is likely to be excessive. The recommendations say at least 450mm but
more if it is likely to be heavily dug over - say 800mm.

Normal practice is to bury the cable - back fill 150mm or so, and then
lay a warning tape, then backfill the rest. That way if someone does get
carried away recreating their very own air raid shelter in the future
they should reach the tape before they get chance to damage the cable.

--
Cheers,

John.