PrecisionMachinisT

"Matt Morgan" wrote in message
om...
Sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup for this question.....

I have a Kenmore model 106.8590581, whose compressor start relay burnt
up. FSP part no 1105046.

Looking around last night, it appears that they just plain old stopped
making this part. I did find one site that had one...... for
$175!!!!!!!

Jeezy Weezy..... it's just a darn relay.

So... 2 questions:

1) Anyone know a place to get hard to find/obsolete parts?
2) Could a start relay for a compressor with similar electrical
characteristics be used instead? I know it wouldn't fit exactly where
the old one did, but for some reason I have to think this darn relay
isn't as complex as the space shuttle.

Any comments welcome.

Call your local mom and pop appliance repair place, they usually stock
universal starter relay kits for the fridges and that--probly cost you 20 to
30 bucks....

They will probly want to know how many cu. ft. the fridge is, as there is
some different sizes that they sell.

--

SVL