PoP

Default Electrical work for business

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:54:09 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

I think it is officially IR591, but people I work with say that will
less of a burden on those shafted by IR35, but will clobber people who
are taking dividends but aren't liable to IR35. I shall give my
accountant a buzz and check it out.

I hope he's a bit more switched on than my accountant was originally.
When IR35 appeared he said "you're caught!". He used the rule "IT
Consultant = IR35'd".

I explained some facts of real life to him and he was persuaded that
maybe I was right - I've never signed up for IR35 - if they want to
take me on (based upon past IT contracts) they will have a fight on
their hands. And as PCG, QDOS and others have subsequently shown, IR35
is/was a voluntary tax.

I have a feeling that IR591 will not be so flimsy. We'll have to see
what Gay Gordon says in early April.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.