Graeme

"Kalico" wrote in message =
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:12:46 +0100, "Set Square"
wrote:
=20
I need to make a hole near the corner of a kitchen worktop to bring =

up a 12v
power cable (with right-angled concentric plug) and aerial lead for =

SWMBO's
new 6" LCD TV (so she can watch TV while preparing the dinner - yes, =

know!). Making a hole is a last resort, having eliminated all other =

possible
routes - all of which would have left a lot of exposed cables and =

hardware
because the walls are tiled with wallpaper above, and I can't disturb =

any of
that.

In order to make this hole "acceptable", I would like to finish it =

with a
metal or plastic tube (ID in the region of 20-25mm) going down =

through the
worktop, with a chrome flange/bezel on the top.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I could use for this - I'm not =

sure
whether to go to a plumber's merchant or an electronics shop - or =

indeed to
a kitchen fitter?!

Not sure about why you need the tube, but you used to be able to get
collars (without screw holes) in chrome etc that were designed to be
put into the floor where a radiator pipe entered it.
=20
Essentially, they are to make the joint look tidy when the pipe enters
a polished wood floor.
=20
Not sure what they are called though or where to get them.
Rob
=20

something like this ?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...649&ts=3D48872