dan

What's that Lassie? You say that Tom fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:50:57 GMT:

Depends on the model. I have a 4300 compact and there are two shift
levers on the left side of the seat. One is 3 spd in line and the
other is 4 speed "H" pattern giving you a 12 speed combination. There
is a forward/reverse lever on the dash. The PTO lever is on the right
side of the seat and the parking brake is on the left. Others will
have different arrangements - knowing the model number will make a
world of difference.

It's a 1830.

I did figure out the shift patterns.
Thanks