louis quasha wrote:

I'm about to lose access to my shower for a few months, and it doesn't
look like a gym membership is in the cards. Can anybody recommend a
very inexpensive and very short temporary shower module...

How about a large plastic garden sprayer, as described in "Water Conservation
and the Mist Experience," $3? from the Minimum Cost Housing Group/School of
Architecture/McGill University/3480 University Street/Montreal, Quebec H3A 2A7/
Canada, (514) 398-6723. Their pamphlet describes ways of making very low-flow
mist showers with water consumptions of 1 pint per hour (Bucky Fuller's :-)
and up. You might collect the water in a laundry tub.

Nick