Peter Hyde

On the outside chance that I'm all cracked up, I respectfully request
your advice and personal experience re crackle paint finishing on wood.
If there's no response, I'll assume that I've found my unique signature
and I'll thank you to not copy it. , Arch

For a can opener go to:
www.realmilkpaint.com

Fortiter,

Arch,
I have done several wood projects with crackle finishes and see no
reason why it couldn't be applied to turnings.
First apply a latex base coat and then use Ralph Lauren crackle glaze
and then apply the contrast top coat and sit back and watch the
cracles. Finally finish with a clear waterbase polyurethane. The RL
crackle glaze is available at your nearest big orange box store.