Andrew McKay

Default Garage door opener query

Readers who stayed awake will be aware that I successfully fitted a
Chamberlain garage door opener last week. All working fine, very
pleased with the result.

I wondered whether anyone has any suggestions with regard to the noise
the thing generates as it is opening/closing the door? I'm sure there
is no problem with gearing etc. But I suspect the garage door is being
used as a sound board and amplifying the minor vibrations that must
take place as the door moves.

Not outrageously noisy, but if I opened the door at 2am I'd probably
wince a little in case I was waking a neighbour up....

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk