BillV

"Tom" wrote in message

"Paper2002AD" wrote in message
Typing this with my left hand due to the fact that the other is incased

in
plaster cast.

Drilling a 15mm hole through an external cavity wall, the drill bit

jammed
and
the drill kicked back. I don't know what I could have done to avoid

this,
Should've used a drill with a clutch...
[snip]
I always remember during my apprentiship days (1950s) when I had to do a
stint in a workshop with machine tools, an old codger (the boss) told me
that "there were more accidents using a drill than any other machine in

the
workshop, however, thankfully, they were rarely fatal", but there were

quite
a few machinists sporting bald spots ....

Was that before they discovered machine oil caused scrotal cancer?

I do know of a young family that lost their father through drilling
intocable in wall whilst standing in a puddle