Jay Pique

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:39:05 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

If you're going to go a full 3", as your most recent post says, and you have
an Oscillating Spindle Sander, you can pattern sand your bandsawn roughs. I
made an insert for my JET which takes the inserts used for a router and
found it a pretty good way to go. Down into the 1/2" spindle size, though.

Could you please explain in a little more detail how you "pattern
sand" using an OSS? It looks like I'll have to make a ring to sit
above the table that the template can ride against. Problem is, it
will have to be bigger than the spindle itself, right?

JP