John Rumm

Lynne Chapman wrote:

As Andy said, the showstopper is if you have insufficent flow of cold
water from the mains. Assuming that is OK then your circumstances sound
like an ideal match for a combi.

We live in a 5 bedroomed 3 reception house with one bathroom and a
downstairs loo. The bathroom has an electric shower which we would

How many radiators out of interest? Is the place well insulated?

Chances are you can probably ignore the heating side of the equation
althgether since if you choose a boiler that will give you the hot water
performance you want, then it will usually be more than adequate when
running the heating.

very rarely. We also have a washing machine and dishwasher.

You ought to make sure your new shower is thermostatically controlled,
that way you wont experiance changes in temperature when you are in the
shower and the washing machine decides its time to refill.

--
Cheers,

John.