Lobby Dosser

(Arch) wrote in news:4020-4128B228-14@storefull-
3174.bay.webtv.net:

Do any of you know of a site with pictures of crackle finished wood
turnings? I remember that back when hams built their own radios I
embellished the aluminum front panels with black crackle paint. Ergo, I
hope that at long last, I've found my very own signature identify for my
wood art, (aka messed up turnings). At the least they should be LDD
resistant.

I hate to say this, but I think it has been done. I can't remember whether
I saw it in a book or on a web site. If I remember to look and I find it,
I'll let you know. If I remember why I was looking.

I don't think Faux Stone finish has been used yet. For some reason (long
forgotten) I've got an unused can of this in the shop - got a texture, if I
remember right. If you'd like to try Faux Stone, feel free to use my idea.
If you need a can of Faux Stone paint, I'll send mine along just for the
shipping cost - if I can remember where I saw it last.

LD