Hugo Nebula

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:28:29 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named
"Pepper" randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

We are in the process of getting a new boiler and this has not been mentioned by
the installer. He is OFTEC registered. We checked.

The relevant regulations are
http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/s...2/20020440.htm. Don't
bother reading through it all, the bit you're interested in is
Schedule 2A about halfway through. If someone listed in the second
column is doing the type of work in the first, then a Building
Regulations application is not required (apart from the Institute of
Plumbing one, because no-one took it up).

Can anyone provide anymore information as we certainly don't want to end up with
a fine.

The chances of that are, IME, virtually zero. The worst that will
happen is that when you come to sell your house, a diligent surveyor
may pick up that the boiler was replaced after these regulations came
into force and your purchaser's solicitor will ask you for the
relevant paperwork.
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants