Pepper

Default New Boiler Installation and Local Council?

Just been reading this in another group.
"Change your boiler and fail to tell the local authority you get a fine.
Something Prescott slipped through. Notified in the local authority propaganda
magazine they post through every door once a month. If you get it done by a
registered installer they send a certificate to the council and give you a copy.
Do it yourself and you have to pay for an inspection. Fail to notify them and
they can fine you if they find out. I think it was in the same package as the
windows thing."

We are in the process of getting a new boiler and this has not been mentioned by
the installer. He is OFTEC registered. We checked.
Can anyone provide anymore information as we certainly don't want to end up with
a fine.
TIA
Pepper