John Miller

Default Fitting a shower bar mixer

Further to the bathroom renovation, I need to fit a shower mixer
(Triton Aire bar type). The instructions call for it to be
connected to a half inch BSP female fitting where the face of the
fitting is flush with the finished (tiled) surface. It's going onto
a dry lined wall and I intend to run the supply pipes up the wall
from the floor. My problem is that a standard BSP elbow fitting is
too short to reach through the plasterboard and tiles and a standard
soldered elbow plus straight BSP connector will be far too long.
Approximate distance from solid wall to tiled surface will be 40mm.
Anybody got any experience of this or could offer any suggestions -
it must be a common problem. Only solution I can see is to cut the
plasterboard and tile over the gap, but I'm not very happy about
doing this.

I note that Screwfix have a special fitting for bar mixers -
somebody else asked about these recently, but I can't recall seeing
any replies. Does anybody know whether these fittings would help?

John Miller