mrcheerful

"Badger" wrote in message
SWTSMBO and the boys keep on about me building a model railway layout for
them in the roof, I'm not keen on putting such things in the roof, don't
want Velux's to have suitable escapes etc.....And its a truss roof so

So I'm thinking of putting a shed up for them, not a wooden one as they
don't last (Oak's and poor access behind doesn't help) beyond 5-10 years ,
so I've been looking a sectional concrete one (better for security too).
For what they cost new, and seeing them for not much in the ad's I'm
wondering if a garage could be reused with panels instead of the big door?
As it would be smaller than most garages probably using the original
parts? Anyone done this? Anyone got a vertical panel garage going
cheap/free in the South Hants area?

Niel.

I have built two from free or nearly so sectional garages. I glue
and bolt the panels together and to the base. Conventionally the garage
roof fall is by angled additional pieces above regular rectangular panels.
I prefer to build my own apex roof on top. Use roof sheets with insulation.
Use thin cellotex in the voids of the side panels. A reinforced door with
at least two locks and the whole is pretty secure. Cost can be very low.
Cheap transport and carrying labour is needed though.
mrcheerful