Harry Bloomfield

Badger has brought this to us :
SWTSMBO and the boys keep on about me building a model railway layout for
them in the roof, I'm not keen on putting such things in the roof, don't want
Velux's to have suitable escapes etc.....And its a truss roof so loadings
would be an issue.

So I'm thinking of putting a shed up for them, not a wooden one as they don't
last (Oak's and poor access behind doesn't help) beyond 5-10 years , so I've
been looking a sectional concrete one (better for security too). For what
they cost new, and seeing them for not much in the ad's I'm wondering if a
garage could be reused with panels instead of the big door? As it would be
smaller than most garages probably using the original parts? Anyone done
this? Anyone got a vertical panel garage going cheap/free in the South Hants
area?

Niel.

I think the panels on most garages vary in size for the flat roofed
ones, to enable the roof to drain. Taller panels at the front, shorter
ones towards the rear. Probably a way around it would be to fill the
big door space in with a concrete block work wall.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org