Richard Henry

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:57:18 GMT, Art Leonard
put finger to keyboard and composed:

WD40 is a mixture of kerosene ...

See http://www.wd40.com/Brands/wd40_faqs.html

What does WD-40 contain?

While the ingredients in WD-40 are secret, we can tell you what WD-40
does NOT contain. WD-40 does not contain silicone, kerosene, water,
wax, graphite, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), or any known cancer-causing
agents.

... and light spindle oil, not much good for
cleaning since it doesn't evaporate at any rate that would leave a dry
surface in your life time.

Just this week I used WD-40 to lubricate the garden gate hinges and sprayed
some on the cutters after pruning some shrubs.

Years ago in youthful ignorance I tried to clean a coffee spill out of a
computer keyboard with it. I eventually just got a new keyboard.