Ed Sirett

Default C/H Boiler Conversion

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 03:51:59 +0000, Mika wrote:

Dear All,

Just thinking about converting my cast-iron boiler system to a
combi/condensing boiler.

I have the Vaillant EcoMax 835 (120,000 BTU).

Questions...
1) Anyone got this boiler? If so, any feedback?
2) Costs for conversion of open-vent to closed system (London)?
3) Any other issues?

Any comments (constructive) would be greatly received.

Other posters seem to have covered the points.
Professionally you would be looking at about boiler + 1000
(+VAT if the fitter is VAT registered).
These boilers are about 1100 quid with the flue +VAT.

So I would expect about just over 2000 all in.
BG will be about 3000.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk