Leon

"Larry" wrote in message
I think both of those I mentioned were made in China, but the sales guy

was
saying how much better the stuff in Taiwan was made.

Larry

Country of origin is not the real factor here. It mostly has to do with
what level of quality the company wants the manufacturer to build to. The
company having the goods manufactured dictates the level of quality. That
said, you can get high or low quality from just about anywhere including
close to home.

As for the cast iron extensions over the stamped steel ones, normally the
steel ones are not flat and have to be tweaked with included angle brackets.
IMHO, if only for the ease of assembly alone I would choose the cast iron
over the stamped steel. The added weight helps cut down on vibration also.