Mike Mitchell

On 21 Aug 2004 06:18:36 GMT, (Paper2002AD) wrote:

Typing this with my left hand due to the fact that the other is incased in a
plaster cast.

Drilling a 15mm hole through an external cavity wall, the drill bit jammed and
the drill kicked back. I don't know what I could have done to avoid this,
since I was holding the drill firmly, using the auxilliary handle too.

It hurt at the time, but throughout the day my right wrist got more and more
swollen and painfull.

Went to A & E, where an X-ray revealed a broken bone. It still bloody hurts
this morning - but how long to heal guys? W were supposed to be going off next
week on the boat, but at the moment I couldn't even lift a lock key, let alone
work any of the dozens of locks along our planned route.

My estimate is six weeks, and careful use after that for several
months. It depends how old you are.

MM