william_b_noble

is it possible that you are tightening the chuck too tight? I have a super
nova, and while I wore out the hole the key goes into (in the center), I
never broke a pin - I have a vicmark chuck I use most of the time now, I
much prefer the allen wrench for tightening to that stupid key
"Andrew Morrison" wrote in message
Hi, I broke the pin in my new super nova chuck key so my retailer had it
exchanged for me.

I didn't have the replacement very long before the same thing happened
again, this time I just replaced the pin with a nail of the same diameter.

The replacement nails broke a few times as well & by this time I was
becoming mightily ****ed off when I had the idea to replace the nail with

toughened concrete nail. I have now been using a concrete nail for about 6
mths & it is still holding.

If you have been having this problem then try my concrete nail fix & I'm
sure it'll work for you.

Cheers

Andy.