Bill White

Default Splitting a cinder block

This group helped me out so much with my last DIY question that I'm going to
turn to you again.

1. What is the best way to split a cinder block in half using either a brick
set or 7 inch (circular saw) masonary blade?
2. What is the best way to smooth the cinder block halfs after I split them?

These blocks are being used in patio steps so I want the edges to be as
clean as possible so they look nice (I'll be painting them white). I've
already split one cinder block with a brick set and another with the saw,
but I'm not happy with either because of the rough edges I'm getting. So,
I'm looking to this group to tell me the proper way to do the splitting.

Thanks for your help!
Bill White