Bob G.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:03:56 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Larry
wrote:

I am not going to use it to build furniture or cabinets.
I am mostly going to use it to build outdoor pergolas, trellises, and kids
play stuff. At least initially.

THAT Statement leads me to completely agree with what larry worte
below...

Get a good compound miter saw (12" blade) and circ saw instead.

How are you going to cut 4x4s and other long lumber on a table saw?
Wrong tool.

Even for stuff like shelving, a circ saw with a guide will do just fine.

I have been building furniture as a hobby for years and finally many
years after the kids have left the nest I am remodeling the basement
... My Tablesaw has not seen much "action" on this project...

Bob Griffiths