Les Nessman

"m Ransley" wrote in message
I had a tree cut down and have a 5 ft stump 1.5ft high , can it be
burnt out easily by adding wood on top or will it take a week or month
to burn. Is it a waste of time trying.

Neighbour of mine had one and used it as a flower bed for years eventually
rotting
it out and then took a chain saw to the remains one day. This took years
but was
fairly effortless and served a purpose.

I've heard of chemical products you can purchase at either Home Hardwares or
Depots that you just pour over the top and it desolves the stump....how
effective they
are I don't know but that's where I'd start.

Home Depot also rents out tools and there is such a thing as a stump
grinder...another
neighbour of mine had that done and we were going to use it in our back yard
but
we ended up buying the house across the street & moving....yes, the one
that used to have the
stump/flowerbed. )