Hamp

Actually these pins are designed to break if too much force is
applied. Better the pin than the teeth on the key. I don't have the
chuck you mention but I'm sure you can find a replacement "rolled pin"
at most local hardware centers or auto parts stores.
"Andrew Morrison" wrote in message ...
"Alun Saunders" wrote in message
Andrew Morrison wrote:

Hi, I broke the pin in my new super nova chuck key so my retailer had
it exchanged for me.

I didn't have the replacement very long before the same thing
happened again, this time I just replaced the pin with a nail of the
same diameter.

The replacement nails broke a few times as well & by this time I was
becoming mightily ****ed off when I had the idea to replace the nail
with a toughened concrete nail. I have now been using a concrete nail
for about 6 mths & it is still holding.

If you have been having this problem then try my concrete nail fix &
I'm sure it'll work for you.

I've not had this particular problem, but in my case the pin is a little
loose and one end of it regularly comes out of the hole on the key body.
On a few occasions it's come close to falling out.

How did you fix your concrete nail in place? Just bend the ends over a
bit, or something else more "cunning"

--
Alun Saunders

Just bent the end over Alun, then cut off the excess.

Andy.