gothika

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:21:36 -0400, "Leonard G. Caillouet"
wrote:
`Correct, much to much said about it.
I'd just reiterated the obvious the times I did to try and get the
message through that using WD40 was a very bad idea.(If the poster's
pots survived it in the past it could attributed to the pots being of
good quality and very forgiving to such abuse, certainly not to any
"quality" of WD40.)
I've not used Cramolin, mostly the usual stuff from CRC or Chemtool or
LPS.
I'll have to search it out locally and give it a try.
I can't see why there is such a debate about this. Most who have used it
concur that the best cleaner/preservative is, and has been for a couple of
decades, Caig's Deoxit (aka Cramolin). WD40 is what it is, a relatively
poor lubricant and cleaner. Numerous other cleaners and lubricants do a
better job on pots. What is the advantage to even considering WD-40 unless
you are in a pinch and have nothing else? The best products are just not
that much more expensive.

Leonard

"John Robertson" wrote in message
.. .
My experience in twenty-five+ years of amusement game service leads me
to think that WD-40 is NOT good inside machines. Everything gums up
about five to ten years after some one sprays that stuff on moving
metal bits, then you have to take it apart somehow (lots of solvent)
and clean the glazed crap out.

I only use WD-40 for it's original intent - as a tool preservative.
It's WaterDisplacement-40th formula, anything else is based on it
comes out as a liquid there for it 'must' be good for lubrication.
Never designed as a lub...I'd never use it as a lube.

OK, the web site suggests using it to lubricate a dish washer arm ,
but read the other uses...
http://www.wd40.com/Brands/wd40.cfm I fail to see volume controls or
any valuable electronic equipment mentioned...

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:45:47 -0600, (Ken G.) wrote:

There is a large ``cult`` against wd40 because someone chose to start it
then the rest have not tried it and are hell bent that it wont work .

For ordinary pot , switch , control cleaning wd40 works fine . More is
not better . It does not leave gunk behind .

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com