HeatMan

"JMagerl" wrote in message
The previous owner installed a 80% effiecient furnace and vented thru an
existing chimney. He didn't install a flue liner. SO...after 20 years, the
inside of the chimney starts to drop bricks (from the acidic condensation)
and partially obsturcts the flue. (Boo to the homeinspector who didn't

spot
it before I bought). Because of the partial obstruction I chose to have a
liner proffesionally installed. Took half a day and cost $800 (northwest
suburbs of Chicago). The obstruction didn't seem to cause them any
difficulty

This is one of the reasons home inspectors need to have some other kind of
license other than a business license....