HA HA Budys Here

From: osspam (Joe Bobst)

y main water line (1/2" copper pipe) comes in through the bottom of my
basement wall and bends/slopes outward from the wall about two feet then
connects to the main shut-off and water meter (all on the floor).I need to
replace the main shut-off because it is rusted and leaking.

You actually have two problems, and the worst one is your miserable 1/2" main
water line. Given that, I'd call in a plumber and have the wretched problem
line replaced with a minimum 3/4" copper, preferably 1" copper. The job will
include new valves whatever, to give you a far better water service. IMHO,
this
would be money well spent. Good luck.

Joe

I question the accuracy of that 1/2" as a main water line. Here in NY they used
to be 1 & 1/2 and then dropped fdown to 1" when pressures increased and
distribution systems improved, and then since the 60's they're all 3/4" unless
you paid extra.
Every residential meter I've seen is called a 5/8ths meter.

Never saw a 1/2" service.