Brian McKechnie

My utility co. doesn't seem to think the rusted shut-off and leaky water
meter is a problem. Basically they told me it was my problem to fix. They
are turning off the water at the curb for me and they are aware of what I am
doing.

I figured it might cause more of a risk of bursting if there was elbows
before the shut-off instead of one solid line. I have also heard it might
lower my pressure (which is not that strong to begin with). I think I might
just use the existing line into the shut-off then upgrade the pipes to the
meter, etc.

Thanks for all your comments.

B. McKechnie

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Call your utility, they will come out and advise you to code and the
correct way . DO NOT disconnect their meter , let them cut the wire and
advise you and lock the meter when you finish. My utility co was great
and gave me some free parts to help. Tampering with a meter is illegal.