Tom

Default Replacing WC, help

In an existing small bathroom which I need to refurbish, I have a problem
replacing the existing cracked loo.
The loo is a low level uncoupled? (not close coupled) suite and has a
vertical discharge, I think they used to be described as an "S" trap
syphonic pan.
The floor of the bathroom is suspended, and the centre of the drain socket
is located some 24 cm from the wall on which the cistern is fixed.
I require a close coupled, dual flush loo which will fit in the existing set
up, I've been looking around at new loos in the sheds etc and they don't
seem to have S trap loos any more, only P traps and there isn't the room to
fit a 90deg coupling between the existing floor drain socket and the loo
discharge stub because it would position the rear of the cistern some 15
inches out from the wall.
After much thought and planning, I cannot reposition the suite or re-design
the bathroom as the dimensions prohibit this possibility.
It's the only loo/bathroom in the house so I cannot contemplate taking up
the floor with a view to repositioning the floor drain socket until I've
exhausted other possibilities (SWMBO).
I think I remember seeing somewhere, sometime, a Loo which had an apron all
round the base of the pan which was designed to be sealed on to ceramic
tiles (silicon) and within the apron was a vertical discharge stub which was
if I remember correctly would approximate to my existing dimensions.
I've tried describing it to my local Plumbcentre with little success and
have surfed various companies, but dimensions of their products are not
easily found.
Becoming desperate, can anyone help please??
Regards
Tom