Suz

There is an old upright piano (age and condition not determinable by the
unmusical me, although its certainly not in tune and hasn't been tuned in

my
care) in my sitting room. It is not mine. It was just left by its owner.

did contact the owner about it but never got a reply. That was five years
ago.

Its in the way. Suggestions as to what I can/ might do about it ( polite

and
practical ones please).

I learnt to play on such a piano. My mother bought it cheaply and had it
tuned. Wasn't perfect but then I don't have the best ear anyway. Still can
play a load of Xmas songs I learnt then.

Reminds me of the music teacher that came to the house. She was a real old
biddy, tweed skirt etc. She had quite a beard. She also had buck teeth and
used to make hissy sounds when she spoke. This affliction led to small bits
of spit flying from her mouth. When you are 7, such things were hard to
deal with. She would give an instruction and a bit of spit would land on a
key, and I would be totally grossed out as kids would say now. I'd avoid
that key like the plague and play wrong notes rather than touch the lurgied
key- getting my knuckles rapped with a ruler for my efforts.

Ah happy days. So sell it and let some kids enjoy similiar happy memories.

Suzanne