dude

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

"w_tom" wrote in message
In the real world, only those with a bean counter mentality
have power supplies damaged by brownouts. When a power supply
is damaged by a brownout, then the reason for failure is
directly traceable to a human who failed to learn basic
technology.

Isn't the question whether the PC failed or not?

I wouldn't consider the power supply the PC itself. I guess you could argue
that point but the power supply is a part that is made to fail, if
necessary, to prevent further internal damage to the PC. I've replaced many
power supplies on PCs that were struck by lightning (not directly, I'm
sure), the power supply was fried but the PC itself was fine after a new
supply was installed.

May I ask just how many years experience YOU have in
power supply, design, and construction in the commercial
world (i.e., actually shipping this sort of product in volume)?

Bob M.