Ken Sterling

Ken Sterling wrote: Don't know about now, but back in the old days G, the
dogtags were made on a typewriter type of machine where the tag was placed
in a
holder, and as each letter was "typed" the character was stamped into the
metal (I ran one of these for a few days in boot camp only because I was
able to type).
I'll carry you back even further than that! Prior to WWII, the
Addressograph company had a machine that stamped out metal plates that were
used for addressing mail. During the "BIG" war, this company made a fortune
selling the same machine to the government for making dog tags. Those
machines are probably all scrapped by now, except for a few that may be in
museums, but, if by chance you could find one, you would be able to make the
tags as fast as you can type--provided you could also find the blanks.

Probably the same machine....
Ken.